Liferea freezes at startup
When launching Liferea in Tails (1.4.1, 1.5), it freezes and consumes up to 100% of the proc for at least 30sec-1min before going back to normal.
It doesn't happen on Debian Wheezy.
- Status changed from Confirmed to New
I can't reproduce that in my Tails 1.5. It probably depends on more things than what you described.
- Assignee set to mercedes508
- QA Check set to Info Needed
- Assignee deleted (
- QA Check deleted (
Today I managed to reproduce that. With a quite fresh Tails session, starting Liferea from the GNOME menu.
But then, if I kill it and start it again from the terminal with
torsocks liferea it runs fine.
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
I think we should drop Liferea:
- it's a pain to make its settings etc. persistent;
- it has security issues we were not able/willing to resolve;
- there are leads wrt. letting Icedove handle feed reading.
So the "Low" priority sounds good for the time being.
- Affected tool set to Feed Reader
I reproduced it on tails 3.1
I suspect torsocks 2.2.0-1+deb9u1 (available in stable proposed-updates) will fix that.
If curious, retry with that version, or wait for Stretch 9.2 to be out (it'll be in there).
But really we want to get rid of Liferea so don't kill yourself on it.
- Status changed from Confirmed to Rejected
There's been gigantic progress on replacing lifera on #11082.
3.9 will have the deprecation wrapper + updated doc that recommends Thunderbird instead of Liferea. Then as per #11082#note-17 we shall remove Liferea in 3.10 or 3.11. Closing this ticket.
Also available in: Atom