Syncing keys in Seahorse does not work in Jessie
Until the test suite scenario is updated this can be verified with the following:
1. `gpg --recv-key --keyserver-options import-clean 0x1D84CCF010CC5BC7`
2. Open Seahorse
3. Enable key synchronization in Edit → Preferences
4. Sync keys from Remote → Sync and Publish Keys
5. Click the Sync button
6. Check the number of signatures with `gpg --list-sigs 0x1D84CCF010CC5BC7`. You should have more than 3 signatures.
This works in Wheezy. It does not in Jessie.
#1 Updated by intrigeri over 4 years ago
- Assignee set to intrigeri
- Target version changed from Tails_1.8 to Tails_2.0
That's because our wrapping of seahorse by torsocks, in
seahorse.desktop, is apparently not enough: I see direct connections to the keyserver being blocked by the firewall. I tried wrapping
seahorse-pgp-keys.desktop the same way, and it is not enough / doesn't help.
torsocks seahorse in a Terminal gives me a seahorse that can fetch keys perfectly fine.