license missing for svg images
apparently two of the svg images in wiki/lib/ (man-in-the-middle.svg and onion.svg) are missing any licence.
#2 Updated by sajolida over 4 years ago
- Assignee changed from sajolida to muri
- QA Check set to Info Needed
I'm really not a licensing expert, but here are some additional information about those two images:
- I think that onion.svg is already credited in /doc/about/license when we refer to the "Onion logo". Don't you think?
- man-in-the-middle.svg was created by myself from GNOME icons. Such as the ones we are using on /doc/first_steps/introduction_to_gnome_and_the_tails_desktop for example. Do you think we should provide licensing information for all of them as well then?
#3 Updated by muri over 4 years ago
- QA Check changed from Info Needed to Ready for QA
thanks a lot for the explanation. i created the ticket, because someone on irc asked for the license of man-in-the-middle.png because he/she wanted to use the image and hence we didn't find an answer. i didn't know about the credits for the onion.svg.
the man-in-the-middle.svg is using the Gnome-computer.svg, Gnome-network-server.svg (which both mention the GPL 2 in the source, but are licenced under CC BY-SA 3.0 on commons.wikimedia.org) and Weather-storm.svg (which mentions CC BY-SA 2.0 in the source).
i've now created a patch for the man-in-the-middle.svg, which also states CC BY-SA 3.0 as licence in the source and mentions the sources.
https://gitlab.com/muri/tails.git, branch doc/9608-missing-license, commit 74e0368e added licence to the man in the middle svg file