Feature #5926: Freezable APT repository
Implement packages importing and freezing
- design, implement and document centralization and merging of the list of needed packages (e.g. topic branches can pull more packages in), if we decide to import only a subset of the Debian suites we're interested in
- set up and configure the chosen tools
- do a first import
- make it easy or automated to import foreign packages and freeze APT suites, whenever relevant during the dev and release cycle
- update build process accordingly
- update release process documentation accordingly
Subtasks will follow when we start working on it.
#8 Updated by intrigeri over 3 years ago
- Assignee changed from intrigeri to anonym
- QA Check set to Ready for QA
Remaining bits are listed on https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/freezable_APT_repository/#todo, everything else is ready IMO, so let's please review this, and we'll discuss during our meeting today what else is blocking the merge.
#9 Updated by anonym over 3 years ago
- Assignee changed from anonym to intrigeri
- QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Dev Needed
To get some more exposure of this before the 2.4 freeze I decided to merge this early, despite some minor comments/suggestions/improvements. See the
review-feature/5926-freezable-APT-repository branch on my repo
git.tails.boum.org:anonym/tails. The "XXX" commits just adds comments, that you can clarify here if needed; the other commits are suggested fixes/improvements that you can cherry-pick straight into
devel, if you agree.