#2 Updated by sajolida over 4 years ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assignee changed from sajolida to tchou
- QA Check set to Ready for QA
- Blueprint set to https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/bootstrapping/extension/prototype/
Done a first version in e80fc8b.
Tchou, please have a look and comment. I guess that starting to format all this for bootstrap will make it more clear what is missing.
#4 Updated by sajolida about 4 years ago
- Priority changed from Normal to Elevated
- Target version changed from Tails_1.5 to Tails_1.6
Postponing now that 1.5 is out. Please take more care of the tickets marked for a target version when this one comes close to the release as the release manager has to handle all these tickets and it adds noise to his work.
This has now been postponed twice, so raising priority. I hope Maone is not blocked to much by this work...
#5 Updated by tchou almost 4 years ago
I reviewed the html. If fixed few things here https://git-tails.immerda.ch/tchou/tails/commit/?h=9384&id=a2d46bea41c27993457389120b977dc79ce74140.
I feel it's a bit "over id ed", but I won't change ids and classes, I think it's working as it is.
Next step for me is adding bootstrap classes.
#7 Updated by sajolida almost 4 years ago
- QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Dev Needed
Thanks for the review. I'm glad the HTML code was almost good on the first try!
It's also good to see that you can work on Git branch! I think we should do this more while working on the assistant otherwise we'll get into trouble and pain.
Still, it seems like we need to clarify where to continue working on the HTML and CSS code for the download page as we're doing things differently now.
I was working on that code in /blueprint on master, so that Giorgio and others could see the code live in there already. I'm not sure that's a strict requirement but I though that would be useful. While I see that you copied that code into your branch 9384 (branched off web/assistant).
I think we need to clarify where do we want to work on that in the future.
To be able to make this decision, let's keep in mind that in the final code of the assistant, the download page will be slightly different for each scenario (at least in order to know where people are coming from and where they are going to). See the URL scheme on https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/bootstrapping/assistant#index5h1). So the page you created
/install/download-and-verify.mdwn is anyway not going to be the final destination of this code. Also, when we'll want to implement these download pages, one per scenario, we'll probably have to use inlines and other CSS tricks and we still don't know where these inlines will be stored.
So here is what I propose for now:
- We keep working on this code /blueprint has we have been doing until now. This implies rescuing your code from your branch and reapplying it on top of the current blueprint. It won't be funny but I'll do it this time.
- We start writing these download pages, one per scenario, in the web/assistant branch.
- While doing this we adapt the code in the blueprint as needed for it's reuse in web/assistant. This will probably involve creating inlines and other funky ikiwiki tricks.
I'll try to do that this week.
As a general note, be careful with the state of the branches you are working on while writing your code. For example, please work on topic branches as much as you can, and branch them always from the web/assistant of origin. For example, I still couldn't merge the work you did 2 months ago on #9313 because you didn't reply to my review so if you continue building things up on top of this it will create important Git issues that either you (ideally) or I (in sacrifice mode) will have to deal with. Consult your local Git expert for more help.
#8 Updated by sajolida almost 4 years ago
Actually, we might rather move this work to web/assistant soon because we need bootstrap and all the CSS tweaks that we are working on there for this code to make sense. This is pending a discussion we're having in private with tchou about Git methodologies.