#3 Updated by tchou almost 5 years ago
First comments with François, to dig and discuss later :
- try to have the same experience between paper and html version of the guide. So maybe downgrade the html version to have a single page rather than different pages.
- not use "ISO" for the "tails temp" but maybe a "pre-Tails"
#4 Updated by tchou over 4 years ago
- File overview.jpeg View added
- File datauri-file.png View added
- File datauri-file2.png View added
- File datauri-file3.png View added
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
From mail exchange of emails with François (thank you!):
Here are my reflexions regarding the overview part.
to clear my mind, I started with redrawing the whole process, so here it is :
A few things for comments :
- to make the difference between first and second stick (Temporary Tails and Tails), I used stripes for the first one and plain black for the second. I also put the stripes on the screen, while on Temporary Tails mode, I think it helps to see the different steps.
- I used blocks, like "stops" during the process, to explain particular things about the sticks and their state / use.
- I only use the concept "ISO" in the beginning of the process. Instead I used "Pre-Tails" to name the temporary Tails on first stick. My point is that you don't get confused between steps, and you clearly get that temporary is an "unperfect" Tails, only use to install the final one. But I think the name "Temporary Tails" is fine too, especially if you sum it "TT" on the stick as a pictogram.
- On the draw, the "recipe" part is missing. I'll draw this part too later on.
Here are some pictograms for the concepts. It's squares, but it could be USB sticks or DVD as well. I think you could put it somewhere while downloading the overview, to introduce them "on-the-go".
I also made some pictures for some of the scenario, it might be helpfull getting where you're at.
To conclude, here are some tries on designing the DVD pictograms, while installing Tails on a DVD.