Document that Tails may leave traces in video memory
See #5356 and in particular the Palinopsia PoC.
#2 Updated by BitingBird over 4 years ago
- Assignee set to BitingBird
- Target version changed from Tails_1.3.2 to Tails_1.4
I'll see if I put it in the warnings, known issues or something else. In any case, it will not be for 1.3.2, there are already too much things to review for it, but it will be in 1.4.
#3 Updated by intrigeri over 4 years ago
I'll see if I put it in the warnings, known issues or something else.
In any case, it will not be for 1.3.2, there are already too much things to review for it, but it will be in 1.4.
I think it's urgent enough to:
- either warrant allowing e.g. me to review it initially, and not necessarily sajolida;
- or, replace another one of your branches that sajolida is meant to review.
#6 Updated by BitingBird over 4 years ago
- Assignee deleted (
- QA Check set to Ready for QA
Added a section in the known issues, with a link to the ticket. While I was at it, I corrected many things in the known issues page (corrected links to Redmine, added some, consistently placed them after the problem's description, and removed a fixed issue). Those are in different commits, but in the same branch.
Built, looks good, please review and merge.
#9 Updated by intrigeri over 4 years ago
- Assignee changed from intrigeri to BitingBird
- % Done changed from 50 to 60
- QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Info Needed
I read "As RAM, the VRAM empties itself in minutes after shutdown and all data disappears, so you should shutdown instead if rebooting." <-- reference?
Otherwise, looks good.