Feature #6196: Build all active branches
Have topic branches built using the packages from their base branch's APT repo
Base branch = the one the topic branch is meant to be merged into, e.g. stable or devel.
Currently, all topic branches use the
devel APT suite.
The topic branch's APT suite must be locally merged into their base branch's one.
Rough ideas: adjust
auto/scripts/tails-custom-apt-sources and release process to better detect base branch, extract base branch detection code from
tails-custom-apt-sources to be able to use it in
build-tails locally merge the base branch into the topic one.
Another idea, that could simplify solving this problem, would be to have each branch contain a config file with the list of APT suites that shall be used. This way:
- a topic branch would have stable or devel + the topic APT suite if needed;
- a base branch would have its own suite (e.g. stable or devel) and, before release time, the list of branches that were merged into it;
- at release time, the release manager would merge the topic APT suites into the base branch's APT suite, and remove all topic APT suites from the aforementioned config file.
Implement new APT suites handling (Will-Fix: #8654).
This commit also adjusts and extends the test suite accordingly.
#12 Updated by intrigeri almost 5 years ago
#17 Updated by anonym almost 5 years ago
- Status changed from 11 to In Progress
- Assignee changed from anonym to intrigeri
- % Done changed from 100 to 80
- QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Dev Needed
I've merged this now, and leave the remaining things to you, intrigeri, per your email to tails-dev@.