Persistent assistant in Greeter
Once we have a solid base for the new Greeter, more configuration that is currently done from inside Tails, could be proposed from the Greeter directly:
- Persistence configuration
- Tor configuration: Tor Launcher
- Description updated (diff)
The current subtasks correspond to moving the Persistence creation and configuration inside Tails Greeter.
Another possible design would be to:
- Instruct about Persistence in Tails Greeter, with an option to create Persistence when the desktop starts.
- Open the Persistence assistant as soon as the desktop starts.
I guess that this would save us from most of the coding and design work.
By moving the Persistence configuration inside Tails Greeter we might also save users to reboot after creation or enabling new features. But #11529 might save us from this.
Another advantage to keeping the Persistence settings in the desktop is that it's a better place than Tails Greeter for people who realize that they want to activate more features.
Keeping the Persistence settings in both places might be more work and confusing as well, unless both interfaces are exactly the same.