Feature #6739: Add Electrum bitcoin client to Tails
Write user documentation for Electrum
We might want to get inspiration from, or link to one of these:
- https://electrum.org/tutorials.html: Very bare bone tutorial (but see last paragraph).
- http://bitzuma.com/posts/a-beginners-guide-to-the-electrum-bitcoin-wallet/: Very verbose, and uses screenshots extensively. It starts with an "Installation" part, but the HTML document has anchors for each section, which makes it easier to link to specific parts we feel are relevant.
#6 Updated by anonym almost 5 years ago
Mostly done in 0869606. Please have a look.
Thanks! I'll have a closer look later this week. However, I cannot merge the branch since it contains my code, which some one else has to review.
I think it's pretty good, but maybe you should mention to first enable the persistence option, then reboot before starting electrum?
Note that my implementation adds a wrapper around electrum that checks whether its persistence preset is enabled, and warns the user if it isn't.
And maybe put a link to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin (not sure, but might be a good idea).
Indeed, the first instance of "bitcoin", perhaps?
#11 Updated by sajolida almost 5 years ago
- Status changed from Resolved to Confirmed
- QA Check changed from Pass to Dev Needed
- Feature Branch set to feature/6739-install-electrum
I'm not sure whether this is the correct procedure. But we've been submitted to improvements to the documentation see 2ba009a and 4e69220.
I still want to rephrase them a bit before asking for a new review and merge in time for 1.3.