Convert manually ordered system initialization bits to native systemd unit files
There are about 20 interesting calls to
sleep in the custom scripts shipped in Tails 0.17. Almost none would be necessary if we were using an event-based init daemon.
Most of our networking setup (HTP, security check, Tor and Vidalia restarts) would probably be much simpler and robust if we were using a modern init system.
- Related to Feature #7560: Have Tails based on Jessie starting added
- Related to deleted (Feature #7560: Have Tails based on Jessie starting)
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
- Feature Branch set to feature/jessie
I've started with the easiest bits, that is converting our custom initscripts to native systemd unit files.
- Description updated (diff)
- Target version deleted (
- Blocks Bug #10589: NetworkManager hooks are unreliable vs network interruptions added
@intrigeri: is this still relevant?
Yes, would be nice to have. Low prio though.
- Feature Branch deleted (
One low-hanging fruits: the
while loop in
config/chroot_local-includes/usr/lib/systemd/user/tails-wait-until-tor-has-bootstrapped.service could be replaced with a systemd.path(5) unit + service.
- Related to Feature #6146: Factor out waiting for a condition added
- Status changed from In Progress to Confirmed
Also available in: Atom