Add WAI-ARIA landmarks to make the website more accessible
The role HTML attribute allows to specify the type of content.
For example, role="banner" specifies this part is the logo.
#3 Updated by sajolida over 5 years ago
The core template for our website is located in
wiki/src/templates/page.tmpl. We try to differ as little as possible
from the default template in ikiwiki.
The default template is available in the `ikiwiki` package, that you
would anyway have to install in order to build the website locally.
So please take this into consideration. Then, if you work is improving
our conformance with well supported web standards, I propose to try to
upstream your work to ikiwiki.
#5 Updated by pzajda over 5 years ago
- Feature Branch set to bugfix/7508-add-landmarks-to-make-the-website-more-accessible
Thanks, sure it would be good if these modifications could be applied to others Ikiwiki websites.
OK, I created a branch on git://repo.or.cz/tails/pzajda.git where I modified the template.
For the moment, I added landmarks for the banner div, the sidebar, the main content, the comments even if they are not shown on Tails website and the footer.
Another landmark which could be useful to add is the search box, but it is managed by the ikiwiki template system.
A solution could be to put the search tag into a div, but modifying Ikiwiki might be better for that.
#6 Updated by intrigeri over 5 years ago
- Assignee changed from pzajda to sajolida
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
- QA Check set to Ready for QA
- Feature Branch changed from bugfix/7508-add-landmarks-to-make-the-website-more-accessible to pzajda:bugfix/7508-add-landmarks-to-make-the-website-more-accessible