Feature #7377: Improve Windows 8 camouflage
Icons are initially smaller than they should in window-picker-applet
When an icon is displayed in window-picker-applet for the first time (e.g. when starting an application) it's at ~75% of its size, and expands to the full 100% only after a new icon is displayed in it (e.g. after starting another application).
#2 Updated by anonym over 5 years ago
Some more info on this which may be relevant for debugging:
- For panel heights >= 30, the initial icon size is always the same, around 30x30 (verified by taking a screen shot and comparing it pixel by pixel).
- If I set the panel height to <= 30 pixels, then all icons are opened at full size (also verified by screen shot comparision).
- Another way to force a "small" icon to change to its correct full sizeis to change the panel's height by two steps. One step is not enough. Yet another way is to drag the icon in the list. Not sure if any of this is of much value.
- In the sources,
#define DEFAULT_TASK_ITEM_HEIGHT 26. That's pretty close to the "30x30" initial size I've seen, but still not exact, so perhaps it's not the cause of the issue.
#3 Updated by anonym over 5 years ago
- Assignee changed from alant to anonym
I suspect that Alan won't want to see it as a blocker for 1.1, as patching window-picker-applet is likely needed to fix this bug.
You beat me to it, see https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-dev/2014-June/006091.html
Perhaps I should have assigned it to myself then, if since alant isn't very excited at looking at C code.
#6 Updated by anonym over 5 years ago
- Status changed from Confirmed to New
Tracked upstream here: https://github.com/lanoxx/window-picker-applet/issues/6