The power button does not trigger emergency shutdown in the Greeter
When pressing the power button during Greeter, the emergency shutdown is not triggered, it more or less
starts a screensaver (nothing displayed though, just black screen)
For me, the first press does nothing. Then there seems to be some amount of time (20s) where pressing it again still seems to have no effect, but after that time has passed, pressing it brings the computer to sleep. If I do not press the button after this time, nothing seems to happen.
Regression since 1.0.
- Related to Bug #7334: Pressing the power button in the GNOME session does not immediately trigger emergency shutdown added
IMO that's not a blocker for 1.1.
(Also, I think we can stop prefixing tickets with "Wheezy:".)
- Subject changed from Wheezy: pressing power button before Greeter login does not trigger emergency shutdown to Power button does not trigger emergency shutdown in the Greeter
- Target version deleted (
9 days later, I'm dropping the 1.1 milestone.
- Subject changed from Power button does not trigger emergency shutdown in the Greeter to The power button does not trigger emergency shutdown in the Greeter
- Description updated (diff)
- Priority changed from Elevated to Normal
- Type of work changed from Research to Discuss
Perhaps we should just reject this bug for reasons similar to #7334?
If we can reasonably fix #7334 (as I'm suggesting there), then IMO it would be good to have the power button work consistenty through as much of the Tails runtime as possible, so this ticket would be a low priority one, blocked by #7334. Else, if we end up rejecting #7334, then yes, I agree we should reject this one too.
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
- Type of work changed from Discuss to Code
- Affected tool set to Greeter
- Related to Bug #11385: Update /doc/first_steps/shutdown to Tails 2.0 added
In Tails 3.0~beta4 the power button in the Greeter puts the computer to sleep (suspend-to-RAM).
Also available in: Atom