Boot in older VirtualBox is broken by syslinux 6
VirtualBox 4.1.18-dfsg-2+deb7u3: doesn't boot at all from DVD (EFI mode doesn't help). This was with an image built from commit e0a3c64
feature/uefi. The same ISO boots fine in VirtualBox 4.3.10-dfsg-1~bpo70+1.
It seems to have been fixed in syslinux 6.03-pre5:
#5 Updated by intrigeri over 5 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Confirmed
- Target version changed from Tails_1.1 to Sustainability_M1
- Type of work changed from Code to Documentation
The plan is to (try to) backport the upstream bugfix for Tails 1.1, since #7173 won't be fixed in time.
I tried to cherry-pick the two upstream commits that seemed to be relevant (e01e93b0f and a06818de2), on top of the 3:6.03~pre1+dfsg-1~bpo60+1 package we have in devel). The resulting ISO displays the syslinux menu just fine, but fails to load the Linux kernel.
So, I'm giving up for 1.1, and will instead document this problem in the known issues.
#12 Updated by anonym about 5 years ago
- Status changed from Confirmed to 11
- Assignee deleted (
- Target version changed from Sustainability_M1 to Tails_1.2
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- QA Check set to Pass
- Feature Branch set to bugfix/7173-upgrade-syslinux
This is fixed in the branch
bugfix/7173-upgrade-syslinux, which now has been merged.