Explain how to empty the trash of the persistent volume
When deleting the trash in the persistent volume, documents go to a hidden trash folder. See #6254.
Until then a workaround could be added to the FAQ.
#5 Updated by sajolida about 5 years ago
- Assignee changed from sajolida to BitingBird
- Feature Branch changed from bitingbird:doc/7083-FAQ_empty_trash to doc/7083-FAQ_empty_trash
Ah, and I had the same Git problems as with #7118. So please do reset your branch in the same way.
- I tried to follow your instructions and couldn't find any hidden trash folder neither in /live/persistent/*_unlocked/ (litteraly), neither in /live/persistence/TailsData_unlocked. Please test your documentation before asking for review.
- Can you actually explain how to "tell Nautilus to show hidden files"?
- Can you actually be more precise than ".Trash (or similar) folder". Try to find out if this folder is called the same in every Tails.
- Avoid coloquial language such as "stuff".
- Use ikiwiki shortcuts to point to tickets, see http://git.tails.boum.org/tails/commit/?h=doc/6872-FAQ_bridge_relay_in_Tails&id=5926e1cf7d44513dd23bcd95dbc8ef3e35b56657.