Remove the preconfigured #tor IRC channel
We're told (by velope) that it is harmful for #tor to have Tails users automatically join it:
- people say their thing in both channels at once, not necessarily realizing that they're spamming;
- they say things in #tor that are tails-specific but not immediately apparent as such, leading to confusion and wasted time.
I'm not on #tor personally, but I do trust velope on this one.
- Status changed from Confirmed to Fix committed
- Assignee set to anonym
- QA Check set to Ready for QA
See the tails-dev@ list for the patch.
- Status changed from Fix committed to In Progress
- Assignee changed from anonym to Dr_Whax
- % Done changed from 0 to 20
- QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Dev Needed
The proposed patch does not apply on current devel branch.
Also note that "Fix committed" means "merged into the branch that our next release will be build from", not "there is a tentative fix somewhere".
- Subject changed from Do not auto-connect to the #tor IRC channel to Remove the preconfigured #tor IRC channel
We don't currently auto-connect to the #tor channel (to the #tails channel) either. We only have it listed and preconfigured. But if that's enough of a problem, then the solution is to remove it all the way.
- Type of work changed from Discuss to Code
We decided to remove it at the monthly meeting.
- Assignee changed from Dr_Whax to intrigeri
- Target version set to Tails_0.23
- QA Check changed from Dev Needed to Ready for QA
- Status changed from In Progress to Fix committed
- Assignee deleted (
- % Done changed from 20 to 100
- QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Pass
- Status changed from Fix committed to Resolved
Also available in: Atom