Improve visually the Contribute section
They actually are hard to understand / read as it's designed as a big block without any differences between items and subitems. Possibly people this prevent people of reading this yet important part of the page.
This was decided during the "How to get more contributors" discussion at the 2013 summit.
- Blueprint set to https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/contribute_section/
- Starter set to No
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- Status changed from Confirmed to Resolved
- Status changed from Resolved to Confirmed
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
- QA Check set to Ready for QA
- Blueprint changed from https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/contribute_section/ to https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/contribute/
- QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Dev Needed
- Feature Branch set to doc/contribute-categories
See initial review on tails-dev.
- Assignee deleted (
- QA Check deleted (
doc/contribute-categories merged, fixed and pushed.
- Feature Branch deleted (
- Subject changed from Better visibility of links on top of the /contribute page to Improve visually the Contribute section
- Starter changed from No to Yes
The title "Contribute with your technical skills" is too near from the upper section. Otherwise, I think this page looks very fine and should replace the existing one ASAP.
Well, actually "technical skills" would be better named "computer skills" or "computing skills", since translations, writing etc are also technics, from another kind.
- Target version set to 239
- Target version deleted (
- Blueprint deleted (
removing blueprint (has been merged)
- Related to Bug #7047: Further simplify the links on the Contribute session added
- Related to Feature #6169: Give examples explaining how to contribute added
- Related to deleted (Bug #7047: Further simplify the links on the Contribute session)
- Related to deleted (Feature #6169: Give examples explaining how to contribute)
All child tickets had been resolved, so I wanted to suggest closing this ticket, but I added new children ticket on the topic instead :)
- Starter changed from Yes to No
Are there any feature branches, etc., for this, or is it up to date w/ the current page on the site?
Right now only the remaining child tickets are relevant. #7047 is probably too complex for newcomers but #6744 looks like an easy one if you want to learn a bit about how the internals our website work. To get started with working on the website, see the instructions we're working on in #9018. They're almost ready but are not published yet.
Assigning parent ticket to sajolida who owns the only remaining subticket currently.
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
- Assignee deleted (
All subtickets are closed now :)
Also available in: Atom