Type of work:
See the pkg-sysvinit-devel archives, in July and August 2010, for an interesting discussion about random seeds unicity, especially at early boot time.
We should audit such matters in Tails.
- Type of work set to Audit
- Subject changed from random seed to Audit random seed
- Starter set to No
- Related to Feature #7102: Evaluate how safe haveged is in a virtualized environment added
- Related to Feature #7642: Investigate whether we should resume shipping a static random seed added
- Related to Feature #7646: Investigate whether we should ship /var/lib/systemd/random-seed added
Should this be a hole-in-the-roof also?
- Target version set to Hole in the Roof
- Blueprint set to https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/randomness_seeding/
- Type of work changed from Audit to Security Audit
- Target version changed from Hole in the Roof to 2017
We decided at the November 4th meeting to delay this audit until we'll have gone forward on the implementation of our plan (#11897 and #7675).
- Target version changed from 2017 to 2018
- Target version deleted (
2018 is over and this did not make it on our roadmap for next year (incomplete team).
Also available in: Atom