Fix locales format based on wrong assumption
A few places in Tails (
git grep LANG) assume everything that can be in
$LANG starts with the
xx_XX form, which is, unfortunately, not true: e.g.
Instead of relying home-made shell trickery and re-inventing the wheel we should consider using some existing library or tool for this, or we should read the standards so we can prevent buggy edge cases.
- Subject changed from fix locales form wrong assumption to Fix locales form wrong assumption
- Description updated (diff)
- Starter set to No
- Category set to Internationalization
I still see #6001 at least in
- Subject changed from Fix locales form wrong assumption to Fix locales format based on wrong assumption
- Duplicated by Feature #17003: tails-security-check doesn't support language codes with 3 characters added
- Related to Feature #17002: Do stats on the languages in which people start Tails added
Also available in: Atom