Switch to systemd as pid 1
We've been wanting to supervise critical services (#5750) for years, and e.g. systemd knows how to do that.
systemd is quite well integrated in Debian Wheezy, and has about a thousand reported users in Debian as of February 2012, while Wheezy is not out yet.
Moreover, Debian Jessie's default init will be systemd.
So, we want to switch to systemd once Tails is based on Wheezy (#6015).
#9 Updated by intrigeri almost 5 years ago
I don't think we're going to do that for Tails/Wheezy, and I've started working on this in feature/jessie (which already is running systemd as pid 1 anyway).
If someone wants to do that for Tails/Wheezy, some commits from live-config 4.x must probably be backported to 3.x:
- see Debian bug 726536
- last time I checked (many months ago), the potentially interesting commits were:
- 51b0611: OK
- 35ae448: ??? (dh-systemd)
- 5396b72: useless, duplicated commit
- 876e45a: useless (pkg description change)
- 7a485c1: useless, duplicated commit
- a1257eb: useless, duplicated commit
- a5ae8d2: useless, duplicated commit
- 020324a: useless, duplicated commit