There's an expensive (in time and bandwidth) bootstrap process necessary for getting I2P going (generate keys, fetch network database and hosts file, etc.). This can easily be avoided by making
/var/lib/i2p persistent, so a preset should be added.
When we implement this we should enable I2P's "Laptop mode" (Change router identity and UDP port when IP changes for enhanced anonymity).
- Category set to 180
- Starter set to No
- Subject changed from persistence preset - i2p to Persistence preset - I2P
- Assignee set to anonym
- Target version set to Tails_0.23
- QA Check set to Ready for QA
- Assignee changed from anonym to kytv
- QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Dev Needed
Could you please resubmit as a patch (or, even better, a feature branch) against the persistence-setup repo?
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
anonym reviewed this branch and detected some blockers. See discussion on tails-dev.
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
- Target version deleted (
kytv, any news on this front? It's a bit sad for users not to benefit from your work :)
- Category set to Persistence
- Subject changed from Persistence preset - I2P to Persistence preset: I2P
no news from kytv -> removing assignee
- Related to Feature #5501: Persistence preset: locale and accessibility options (language, keyboard, and formats) in Greeter added
- Related to deleted (Feature #5501: Persistence preset: locale and accessibility options (language, keyboard, and formats) in Greeter)
- Status changed from In Progress to Confirmed
- QA Check deleted (
Also available in: Atom