Remove system tools menu duplicates
The items of the Tails menu are duplicated in the System Tools menu.
- "Configure persistent volume"
- "Delete persistent volume"
The Tails menu exists thanks to:
But at .deb creation or installation time (it's not clear at which exact step this is blocking), it does not exist yet, so at least one existing menu must be listed in the application (t-p-s etc.) .desktop file, and that's why they've been to the System Tools menu as well.
This issue could be solved in two ways:
- Finding a way of having them only in the Tails menu.
- Removing the Tails menu as a workaround.
- Type of work changed from Code to User interface design
Next step is to decide in which menu we want these items to live in: the title of this ticket suggests we want them only in "Tails", but a later report by sajolida suggests that "System Tools" works better in practice.
- If we want them in the "System Tools" menu only: that can be trivially solved by removing two words in t-p-s and 2 words in tails.git.
- Else, if we want them in the "Tails" menu only: once
tails-persistence-setupis moved to our main Git repo as part of #7036 (it has no dedicated subtask yet and we can't block on the whole #7036 here), the root cause of this problem, that forced us to also add these items to the "System Tools" menu, will be gone, and it should be easy to remove them from the "System Tools" menu.