Feature #6015: Tails based on Wheezy
Have seahorse-nautilus fully replace seahorse-plugins
Squeeze's seahorse-plugins provided a variety of features that have disappeared in Wheezy.
Some of these features come back by installing a backport of seahorse-nautilus (currently in Jessie). For the other features (still missing in seahorse-nautilus 3.8.0), a newer upstream version, and a few other backports, are needed.
What is missing (blockers)¶
What could be improved¶
- "Open with Decrypt File" or double-click managed to open an armored message with symmetric encryption
- When decrypting such a message, a first dialog with "Encryption passphrase" appears, followed by another dialog "Decrypting" which takes away the focus from the passphrase dialog. That's annoying.
Other missing features (non-blockers)¶
... that are not regressions, and thus not blockers for Tails 1.1:
- Symmetric encryption: #6607
Support for multiple identities¶
- There is a "Sign as" drop list when signing
- There is a menu item "Encrypt..." below "Compress..."
- Double-click on the file also works
- The key selection window is a bit tiny by default. It really looks like the one from GPG Applet. But this one doesn't have the "Trust" column.
- Encryption works: it creates a file with .pgp extension
- There is a menu item "Sign" below "Encrypt..."
- Works: creates a detached signature with .sig extension
- It is also possible to sign while doing asymmetric encryption
- Works: the menu item is on top of the list "Open with Decrypt file"
- Asks where to save the file