Feature #6015: Tails based on Wheezy
wheezy: add a quick shutdown button back
We need to add our quick shutdown applet (the red button on the far right of the top GNOME panel, in Tails 0.x) back.
That probably means adapting our applet to work with GNOME Panel 3.4.
- The current applet lives in
- The applet is not available in the Add to Panel menu on Wheezy.
- TailsClock might be a good example as it provides an applet that runs both on GNOME2 and GNOME3.
The code should be based off the
A first step is probably to adapt the applet so that one can manually add it to the panel
Then, one should register the applet somehow, to have it shown by default (probably related to #6381).
#7 Updated by alant almost 6 years ago
- Feature Branch set to bugfix/5355-add-a-quick-shutdown-button-back
The applet could now be added to the panel in wheezy, but its menu currently fails to display correctly.
Next steps include:
- fix the applet menu bug;
- test in a fresh build (was only tested by live patching a running Tails);
- have the applet automatically inculded in the panel.