Feature #6560: UEFI Secure boot
Triage user feedback wrt. Secure Boot alpha
We've received a few reports on tails-testers since I sent the call for testing in 2019-12. Let's triage them!
Secure Boot does not work on¶
- HP Spectre laptop Broadwell (alienpup) → asked more info
- MacBook with T2 chip: blocked by Apple
Secure Boot works on¶
- Dell Inspiron 5559
- Acer Aspire A315-21G (Rodney Vinen)
- Acer Predator Helios 300 (Jeff Jones)
- Intel Hades Canyon NUC - i7-8809G CPU (Jeff Jones)
- Inspiron 20 3043 with Intel Pentium N3530 (Jeff Jones)
- unspecified 2017 IBM ThinkPad (Jeff Jones)
- HP Probook 470 G5 (Jeff Jones)
- Compulab Fitlet desktop (alienpup)
- HP EliteBook 840G1 (intrigeri)
fixes the boot on¶
- Microsoft Surface pro 3 (Jeff Jones); Secure Boot works
- MacBook Pro 13" 2017 (MacBookPro14,1) but no drivers fo trackpad & keyboard
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
- 2011 macbook air
not sufficient to make Tails boot on¶
These are not regressions AFAIU:
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
I'll keep triaging further feedback as it arrives.
I'm now satisfied we had enough feedback to spot any really bad regression, so I'm closing this issue.
Among the results, only 1 case is surprising: the "HP Spectre laptop Broadwell" where Secure Boot does not work, pending further investigation if/when I receive more info. But it's not a regression so I won't treat it as a blocker.