No network unless MAC spoofing is disabled with Intel I210 Gigabit
We received a report from a user (Bug report: d64cf80693edbd475188d20d8f657c80) saying that with Tails 4.2 they need to disable MAC spoofing in order to get the network to work. It looks a lot like #17388 and #17418 even if it seems to affect an intel chipset in this case...
apparently the latest version of Tails without this problem was 4.1
- Related to Bug #17388: RTL8101 ethernet chipset doesn't work anymore since Tails 4.1.1 added
- Related to Bug #17320: Kernel Panic with some Macbook Pro added
- Related to Bug #17418: MAC spoofing break RTL8192EE since tails 4.2 added
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- Assignee changed from intrigeri to goupille
Could I please get the output of
/sbin/lsmod run from a version of Tails that hadn't this problem (4.1 or earlier)?
- Category changed from Spoof MAC to Hardware support
- Assignee changed from goupille to numbat
Also available in: Atom