Drop the need for dedicated temporary storage space for IUKs on rsync.lizard
That's the second step of #17385#note-2, i.e. make it so temporary data is stored directly in
/srv during the release process.
One idea could be to:
- give every RM permission to SSH into rsync.lizard as the
rsync_tailsuser, and point
$HOMEfor this user somewhere under
- adjust the release process so that all SSH operations done on rsync.lizard are done as the
- drop the
/homeLV and migrate the corresponding data back to
Release process: drop the need for allocating (duplicated) temporary storage space for IUKs on rsync.lizard (refs: #17412)
Previously, we would copy the IUKs to /home and then move them to /srv/rsync.
Given these 2 directories are on different storage volumes, this means
we had to allocate the corresponding storage space twice.
Let's instead directly copy the IUKs to /srv.
- Status changed from In Progress to Needs Validation
- Assignee changed from intrigeri to anonym
- Type of work changed from Sysadmin to Code
In the end I did it differently: instead of a new, dedicated user, I've adjusted our code & release process to use a work directory under
#10 Updated by CyrilBrulebois 2 days ago
- Assignee changed from CyrilBrulebois to intrigeri
- Feature Branch deleted (
Well, I'm not sure I understand. The branch is gone, it's been merged a while ago, and the relevant commit is available in:
# TIL git branch --contains kibi@armor:~/work/clients/tails/release/release-checkout$ git branch --contains 4eb681c4 bugfix/17359-rply-cache devel doc/changelog-4.5-rc1 feature/17539-tor-browser-9.0.7+force-all-tests stable * testing web/release-4.4 web/release-4.4.1 web/release-4.5-rc1
kibi@armor:~/work/clients/tails/release/release-checkout$ git describe --contains 4eb681c4 4.3~11^2~1
- Assignee changed from intrigeri to CyrilBrulebois
Well, I'm not sure I understand. The branch is gone, it's been merged a while ago […]
Yep, I should have made my request clearer.
So, I have two questions:
- Does 4eb681c4278f38a1727ad15346626d10bdfffb06 look sane to you?
- Did you encounter any trouble recently (possibly caused by that commit) at the step of the release process that uses the
#12 Updated by CyrilBrulebois 2 days ago
- Status changed from Needs Validation to Resolved
Yes, the commit looks sane to me, and I'm happy not to have that kind of extra dance anymore.
TBH this was rather well hidden behind the new IUK handling (copied from Jenkins because successfully reproduced there), and while I haven't had to exercise the “manual upload” code path (fingers crossed), the overall change seems very fine.