Drop the need for dedicated temporary storage space for IUKs on rsync.lizard
That's the second step of #17385#note-2, i.e. make it so temporary data is stored directly in
/srv during the release process.
One idea could be to:
- give every RM permission to SSH into rsync.lizard as the
rsync_tailsuser, and point
$HOMEfor this user somewhere under
- adjust the release process so that all SSH operations done on rsync.lizard are done as the
- drop the
/homeLV and migrate the corresponding data back to
Release process: drop the need for allocating (duplicated) temporary storage space for IUKs on rsync.lizard (refs: #17412)
Previously, we would copy the IUKs to /home and then move them to /srv/rsync.
Given these 2 directories are on different storage volumes, this means
we had to allocate the corresponding storage space twice.
Let's instead directly copy the IUKs to /srv.
- Status changed from In Progress to Needs Validation
- Assignee changed from intrigeri to anonym
- Type of work changed from Sysadmin to Code
In the end I did it differently: instead of a new, dedicated user, I've adjusted our code & release process to use a work directory under