Upgrade to Buster 10.2
It's scheduled for Saturday, November 16th.
Enable the feature-17202-buster-10.2-force-all-tests APT overlay (refs: #17202).
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
- Assignee set to intrigeri
- Feature Branch set to feature/17202-buster-10.2+force-all-tests
- look at
Only expected changes: those coming from the Debian point release, upgrade Linux to 5.3.9-2.
- follow the https://tails.boum.org/contribute/Linux_kernel/ checklist
So, we're only upgrading from 5.3.9-1 to 5.3.9-2, i.e. no new upstream release. The only changes are mitigations for TSX Asynchronous Abort (CVE-2019-11135), a KVM vuln that's not relevant for Tails, and security fixes in the i915 driver (CVE-2019-0155, CVE-2019-0154).
No regression was reported to the Debian BTS about this upgrade.
I've tested on bare metal (HP EliteBook 840 G1, ThinkPad X200) and it LGTM.
- test whether this fixes #17021
Turns out this is unrelated to this ticket ⇒ see you there.
- look at test suite results ← will do
- #17113 ← will reassign to segfault once I'm done with all of the above
Note that we can safely ignore https://tracker.debian.org/news/1081159/accepted-linux-539-3-source-into-unstable/ (which is missed by this branch): it only fixes FTBFS on non-amd64 architectures.
Crap, apparently I forgot to bump the expiration date for the APT snapshot I've switched the branch to in 696430910902c85f7a956c187e309a3717c87ce1 :/ So I've updated the branch to use the oldest snapshot of the
debian archive that we still have (2019111801), and this time I bumped its expiration date.