Feature #16096: Donation campaign 2019
Make firstname.lastname@example.org forward incoming email to email@example.com
Currently, firstname.lastname@example.org forwards emails to myself. I think it would be useful to rethink this, so that in the future I will not be the single point of contact for this matter.
- Parent task set to #16096
- Target version set to Tails_4.1
Assuming the redirection is a simple Postfix transport map item, then:
Would Schleuder accept emails if they were redirected from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org?
I believe so. To verify that Schleuder accepts incoming email even if the list is not explicitly part of the recipients, we could try with
Would they be marked as "To: email@example.com"?
Yes, a simple email redirection does not rewrite these email headers.
- Assignee changed from sajolida to Sysadmins
- Subject changed from Rethink who should receive unsubscription requests during the donation campaign to Make firstname.lastname@example.org forward incoming email to email@example.com
- Type of work changed from Discuss to Sysadmin
- Assignee changed from Sysadmins to intrigeri
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
I've requested this email redirection update to the A/I help desk.
- Blocks Feature #13242: Core work: Sysadmin (Maintain our already existing services) added
- Type of work changed from Sysadmin to Communicate
- Priority changed from Normal to Elevated
- Target version changed from Tails_4.1 to Tails_4.2
I'll ping A/I early in the next cycle.
- Target version changed from Tails_4.2 to Tails_4.3
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
- Assignee deleted (
- Target version changed from Tails_4.3 to Tails_4.2
A/I has implemented this change (a while ago apparently but they did not tell us) and I've just verified that it works as expected.
Also available in: Atom