Gather usability data about our current CI
This will have a better overview of how our current setup feels to its users, whenever it'll be time to put this question seriously on the table (and then we can decide what's the best thing to do, between e.g. switching to GitLab CI, switching to Jenkins pipelines, or merely removing some UX stumbling blocks without changing the big picture of our setup).
- Blocks Feature #13284: Core work: Sysadmin (Adapt our infrastructure) added
- Related to Feature #16059: Improve UX for scheduling builds for newly pushed branches on the CI added
- Related to Bug #16027: Jenkins web interface has broken artifact links added
- Related to Bug #16150: After hooks should be able to mark the scenario as failed in Jenkins Cucumber report added
- Related to Feature #16063: Support restarting tests in CI without rebuilding added
- Related to Bug #11295: Test jobs sometimes get scheduled on a busy isotester while there are available ones added
- Related to Bug #10601: isotesterN:s are sometimes put offline and never back online added
I've sent a call for feedback to the FT. My plan is to gather this feedback continuously when I notice it, whether or not it's explicitly meant to be feedback for this ticket :)
I've set a deadline in May 2020 because I don't see us diving into the "future of our CI" topic before we've migrated our code & issues to GitLab.
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
- Target version set to Tails_4.1
I'll ping FT & other devs who use Jenkins ~3 months after I've sent my initial call for feedback.
- Related to Bug #17070: Finding the Jenkins jobs corresponding to a given branch is bothersome added
- Related to Bug #17071: Jenkins does not readily expose the full CI pipeline progress & outcome added
- Related to Bug #14875: Build reproducibility Jenkins tests: confusing UX and implementation added
Also available in: Atom