Consider hiding some notifications when the screen is locked
Those notifications are enabled by default in Tails. Some of them might be problematic as in, leaking sensitive information. It's possible to hide some types of notifications but not others. Some of them are important (e.g. low battery) and should not be hidden.
- identify which types of notifications can be problematic
- disable those on the Lock Screen
- Assignee changed from intrigeri to goupille
@goupille, some of them are pretty important, e.g. low battery, so disabling them entirely makes me somewhat nervous.
But one can configure what kind of notifications are displayed on the Lock screen. We could probably disable the problematic ones. So let me ask: what are the problematic ones, that made you to file this ticket?
I agree that some notifications can be important
So let me ask: what are the problematic ones, that made you to file this ticket?
unfortunately it was reported by an anonymous user and there wasn't any example of a scary notification, however, I think I'd avoid displaying notifications saying that there is a message, at least, and maybe file and archive manager (I don't know if they display any filenames in the notifications, though)
- Subject changed from consider disabling Lock Screen Notifications to Consider disabling some Lock Screen Notifications
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- Assignee deleted (
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
- Starter set to Yes
Thanks! I'm summing up in the ticket description what I think should happen next to make progress here.