Code submission policy - unclear phrasing
Assign the ticket to nobody (aka. unassign it from yourself) by default. Unless it's clear to you that nobody on the Foundations Team will be able or willing to do this specific review; in that case, you shall try to find someone else to do the review, and assign the ticket to them.
- This might be due to using the word nobody twice with a different meaning. Consider using "no one"?
- The beginning of the sentence "unless it's clear to you that…" is also unclear, why / how does this work?
- The second part of the paragraph is also unclear, why is it me (you) who needs to find someone else to do the review, how does this happen?
I thought I'll better open this ticket than to send one personal email to intrigeri :)
Clarify how to set the Assignee field when submitting a branch.
As Ulrike pointed out:
- The previous phrasing was very unclear.
- It's hard to guess whether the FT is able and willing to handle
a given review. Better let them decide.
- It's not obvious how one can try to find a reviewer by themselves;
while regular contributors should hopefully have no trouble doing so,
new contributors would be left in doubt.
So let's make the default case "empty the Assignee field" and whoever
is handling the FT's frontdesk role at a given time (for now: yours truly;
some day: rotating role) will dispatch reviews adequately. And hopefully,
other team leads have some kind of view that helps the detect pending
reviews in their own area, without relying on the FT.