Project

General

Profile

Bug #16612

Feature #10034: Translation web platform

Feature #15079: Integrate the platform with our Git and ikiwiki infrastructure

Translation Platform: cronjob don't check against the correct pid

Added by hefee 8 months ago. Updated 5 months ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Elevated
Assignee:
-
Category:
-
Target version:
-
Start date:
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Spent time:
Feature Branch:
https://salsa.debian.org/hefee/puppet-tails/tree/hefee/dev/translation-server
Type of work:
Sysadmin
Blueprint:
Starter:
Affected tool:
Translation Platform

Description

Currently the cron job is stalled, because it just checks against an invalid pid:
In /tmp/weblate-cronjob.pid:
9746
and ps aux | grep 9746:
19746

I added a patch for this in hefee/dev/translation-server branch. I also found some more issues with weblate component handling.

Please merge my complete branch, like always ;D

History

#1 Updated by hefee 8 months ago

  • Tracker changed from Feature to Bug
  • Status changed from New to Confirmed

#2 Updated by groente 8 months ago

  • Assignee changed from groente to hefee
  • % Done changed from 0 to 30
  • QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Dev Needed

Hey, I did a quick fix of the cron script.
However, I didn't merge your branch, because I'm not entirely convinced by commit bf900306: you seem to rename weblate_status.py to tailsWeblate.py on the server, without changing the name of the script in the puppet repo. I'd really like to see these filenames remain the same, our puppet setup is confusing enough as is.

#3 Updated by hefee 8 months ago

  • Assignee changed from hefee to groente
  • QA Check changed from Dev Needed to Ready for QA

groente wrote:

Hey, I did a quick fix of the cron script.

Thanks! Now I hourly again the failures of the scripts. Those will be gone, if my branch is merged.

However, I didn't merge your branch, because I'm not entirely convinced by commit bf900306: you seem to rename weblate_status.py to tailsWeblate.py on the server, without changing the name of the script in the puppet repo. I'd really like to see these filenames remain the same, our puppet setup is confusing enough as is.

You are completely right, I copied the code block for weblate_status.py and didn't update the destination filename.

I merged tails/master into my branch and updated the filenames. So it is up for merge.

#4 Updated by groente 8 months ago

  • Status changed from Confirmed to Resolved
  • Assignee changed from groente to hefee
  • % Done changed from 30 to 100
  • QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Pass

However, I didn't merge your branch, because I'm not entirely convinced by commit bf900306: you seem to rename weblate_status.py to tailsWeblate.py on the server, without changing the name of the script in the puppet repo. I'd really like to see these filenames remain the same, our puppet setup is confusing enough as is.

You are completely right, I copied the code block for weblate_status.py and didn't update the destination filename.

I merged tails/master into my branch and updated the filenames. So it is up for merge.

Great, merged and deployed!

#5 Updated by intrigeri 5 months ago

  • Assignee deleted (hefee)

Also available in: Atom PDF