FTBFS with "repository '/amnesia.git/.git/modules/submodules/aufs4-standalone' does not exist"
Today when I tried to build devel it failed with
+ git clone --shared /amnesia.git/.git/modules/submodules/aufs4-standalone
fatal: repository '/amnesia.git/.git/modules/submodules/aufs4-standalone' does not exist
I was able to fix it by changing the permission of the submodules directories and the parent directories from 700 to 755:
chmod 755 .git/modules .git/modules/submodules .git/modules/submodules/*
This seems to be caused by df8a338ea6e078113ef6a03d7e3fbb3ffc7467d1. We should somehow make sure that the vagrant user actually has read access to the submodules directory. I don't know why it had permission 700 on my system.
I'm having this issue repeatedly, the permissions are somehow changed between builds. I didn't spend any time trying to debug this. My revised command to fix this is
chmod -R go+rX .git/modules/submodules
- Related to Bug #16476: Allow building a branch using unpublished Git submodule changes added
Indeed, looks like #16476 caused this regression. Perhaps our Rakefile should set the permissions that the rest of our build system needs.
- Category set to Build system
- Related to Bug #17289: FTBFS: git submodules added
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
- Assignee set to intrigeri
- Feature Branch set to feature/15342-cache-wiki
- Status changed from In Progress to Needs Validation
- Assignee deleted (
- Target version set to Tails_4.2
- Target version changed from Tails_4.2 to Tails_4.3
- Status changed from Needs Validation to Resolved
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Also available in: Atom