Project

General

Profile

Bug #16602

Parts of translations don't work in Unlock Veracrypt Volumes

Added by xin 4 months ago. Updated about 2 months ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
Internationalization
Target version:
Start date:
03/21/2019
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Feature Branch:
bugfix/16602-parts-of-unlock-veracrypt-volumes-not-translated
Type of work:
Code
Blueprint:
Starter:
Affected tool:

Description

In Tails in French, the text is in English in the Unlock Veracrypt Volumes.
Except fields with "No file containers added" and "No VeraCrypt devices detected" which are in French.
All this content is translated in po/fr.po. This bug may be present since 3.9 release.


Related issues

Blocks Tails - Feature #16209: Core work: Foundations Team Confirmed 03/22/2019

Associated revisions

Revision 3702ef48 (diff)
Added by segfault 2 months ago

Add unlock-veracrypt-volumes UI files to refresh-translations (refs: #16602)

Also, move them to /usr/share/tails/ to be consistent with other Tails
apps (e.g. additional-software).

Revision b237a08e (diff)
Added by segfault 2 months ago

Update POT and PO files (refs: #16602)

Revision 4defaadd (diff)
Added by intrigeri 2 months ago

Unlock VeraCrypt Volumes: set correct translation domain (refs: #16602)

Revision 830a73bc (diff)
Added by intrigeri 2 months ago

Unlock VeraCrypt Volumes: make window title translatable (refs: #16602)

Revision 88a48f71 (diff)
Added by segfault 2 months ago

Make labels in volume.ui.in translatable (refs: #16602)

Revision 540912b1 (diff)
Added by segfault 2 months ago

Move u-v-v UI files to /usr/share/tails (refs: #16602)

To be consistent with other Tails apps (e.g. additional-software).

Revision 6502cd48 (diff)
Added by segfault 2 months ago

Move u-v-v UI files to /usr/share/tails (refs: #16602)

To be consistent with other Tails apps (e.g. additional-software).

Revision 66b67bd2
Added by intrigeri 2 months ago

Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/bugfix/16602-parts-of-unlock-veracrypt-volumes-not-translated' into stable (Fix-committed: #16602)

History

#1 Updated by segfault 2 months ago

  • Feature Branch set to bugfix/16602-parts-of-unlock-veracrypt-volumes-not-translated

#2 Updated by segfault 2 months ago

#3 Updated by segfault 2 months ago

  • Status changed from New to In Progress

#4 Updated by segfault 2 months ago

I don't understand why the translations are not applied. I now tried to add them to refresh-translations the same way as configuration-window.ui from tails-additional-software, but the translations are still not applied.

#5 Updated by intrigeri 2 months ago

Should I take a look?

#6 Updated by segfault 2 months ago

intrigeri wrote:

Should I take a look?

Sure, if you have the time for it

#7 Updated by intrigeri 2 months ago

  • Target version set to Tails_3.14
  • QA Check set to Ready for QA
  • Feature Branch changed from bugfix/16602-parts-of-unlock-veracrypt-volumes-not-translated to bugfix/16602-parts-of-unlock-veracrypt-volumes-not-translated-intrigeri

That should do the trick, I can see 100% of the first-launch UI in French now. I've only tested this by editing files in a live Tails session, so don't blindly trust this branch: please build and test an ISO before merging.

#8 Updated by intrigeri 2 months ago

(If you merge my branch, please delete yours so that Jenkins does not waste cycles on it.)

#9 Updated by segfault 2 months ago

LGTM, building an image to test it

#10 Updated by segfault 2 months ago

  • Feature Branch changed from bugfix/16602-parts-of-unlock-veracrypt-volumes-not-translated-intrigeri to bugfix/16602-parts-of-unlock-veracrypt-volumes-not-translated

intrigeri wrote:

That should do the trick, I can see 100% of the first-launch UI in French now.

Confirmed, the first-launch UI is fully translated. But when I add a VeraCrypt volume, the buttons are not translated. I cherry-picked your commits and fixed that on the feature branch.

#11 Updated by intrigeri 2 months ago

LGTM at 1c78e45c3bee00459cf9732ea2a24e395a332302, feel free to merge yourself if this works fine in a freshly built ISO, and ideally after seeing CI pass. Or reassign to me for these last steps and I'll merge tomorrow :)

#12 Updated by segfault 2 months ago

Amended commit to fix renamed paths and force pushed. Built and tested, works fine now, except that there are no translations yet for _Unlock and _Open. So good to merge IMO once CI passes.

#13 Updated by intrigeri 2 months ago

  • Assignee changed from segfault to intrigeri

#14 Updated by intrigeri 2 months ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Fix committed
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100

#15 Updated by intrigeri 2 months ago

  • Assignee deleted (intrigeri)
  • QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Pass

#16 Updated by CyrilBrulebois about 2 months ago

  • Status changed from Fix committed to Resolved

Also available in: Atom PDF