devel branch FTBFS because time-based snapshots of the "debian" archive are not updated since Jan 28
Since Jan 28:
File "pool/main/r/ruby-asset-sync/ruby-asset-sync_2.4.0.orig.tar.gz" is already registered with different checksums! md5 expected: 1f16c4b816101b307a0b296e284d4c07, got: db15a29cac871a73f593db4643aa9027 sha256 expected: 7742f7ed2f8a4adddaa65bff0b844dd08ba73c8aafa78a0138a92863e4b79b4c, got: 7ecffe8a42d1304255385a76d80db33142dc75175b14fe313dd65ca2c1c6d5f8 size expected: 33517, got: 32735 "/usr/bin/reprepro" unexpectedly returned exit value 254 at /usr/local/bin/tails-update-time-based-apt-snapshots line 40.
- Priority changed from Elevated to High
This problem breaks reproducibility testing of the devel branch since devel stopped FTBFS'ing on Feb 2 (that test runs 8 days in the future and the latest snapshot expires on Thu, 07 Feb 2019 11:05:04 UTC), as shown by daily failure notifications on the -rm@ list. And then devel will start FTBFS'ing in ~26 hours => bumping priority.
- Subject changed from Time-based snapshots of the "debian" archive are not updated to devel branch FTBFS because time-based snapshots of the "debian" archive are not updated since Jan 28
As expected, a first failing build: https://jenkins.tails.boum.org/view/RM/job/build_Tails_ISO_devel/3378/console
Can you handle this or do you need help?
Here's what I did:
- Check that we don't care about this package: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/ruby-asset-sync says it's not been in testing nor sid since Dec 28. We don't use this file when building a Tails image, which is all that matters for time-based snapshots.
- Delete the offending file from disk.
- Remove reprepro's references about that file:
- To find them:
reprepro dumpreferences | grep --fixed-strings 'pool/main/r/ruby-asset-sync/ruby-asset-sync_2.4.0.orig.tar.gz'
- To delete one of them e.g.
reprepro _removereference s=sid=2018100901 pool/main/r/ruby-asset-sync/ruby-asset-sync_2.4.0.orig.tar.gz
- To find them:
Then I've triggered a new snapshot manually, using 2019020801 serial which failed today already so there's no conflict (and the who thing uses lock files so no chance a concurrent run conflicts).
I'll report back once this sync is complete and I've confirmed devel builds again.
FTR, the reprepro doc is pretty good and I doubt I could explain things better myself than it does. This being said, whenever needed, I'm happy to help, point in the right direction, review proposed actions, so that more of us feel at ease maintaining this service as part of their sysadmin maintenance duties :)
- Status changed from Confirmed to Resolved
- Assignee deleted (
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
https://jenkins.tails.boum.org/job/build_Tails_ISO_devel/3380/console has passed the point when it was failing due to this bug previously.