Test all the Wi-Fi adapters that we have with Tails 4.0
- Update https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/wi-fi_adapters/.
- Create a ticket for the next update.
I didn't know what Debian version rarely also include kernel and firmware updates.
To clarify, major Debian releases do include kernel and firmware updates, but:
- In general, we've already shipped these updates earlier. E.g. Tails 3.x has had since a while the kernel and firmware that will be shipped with Buster.
- In the last ~6 months before a major Debian release, no big changes are made (freeze) which increases the chances that the new Debian release won't bring newer stuff than what we ship already.
- Status changed from Confirmed to Resolved
- Assignee deleted (
Yes, targetting 4.0 was somehow arbitrary. Next time I'll try to target a kernel and firmware update more specifically.
Done for 4.0. 2 of them had some changes:
- TP-Link Archer T2U started working but I have a pretty old version.
- TP-Link TL-WN722N now loads a firmware but fails on MAC spoofing.