Monitoring check for Postfix mail queue never reaches warning/critical state
There were dozens of messages in the queue today and I don't think we've received any alert.
- Subject changed from Monitoring check for WhisperBack mail queue is broken to Monitoring check for Postfix mail queue never reaches warning/critical state
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
The check works just fine, as far as collecting data (that we don't store) goes, but "By default, all thresholds are 0 except corrupt_crit". So well, since 2 years Icinga has never told us about things being wrong on the email front.
To be clear, actually that comment is wrong: all thresholds are empty by default. I had mistakenly believed this comment and concluded that if the threshold is 0, then any value greater than 0 must trigger a notification, i.e. the default settings were good for us. Reading the code leads to a different understanding.
- Assignee changed from intrigeri to bertagaz
- % Done changed from 10 to 50
- QA Check set to Ready for QA
Fix deployed. Please review:
It would be nice to actually trigger an email delivery problem, somehow, and make sure we actually get notifications. Or take advantage of the fact that some of our Postfix currently have deferred email, set the threshold low enough, and profit :)