Consider stopping to use DocBook-style CSS classes
We should remove this from our documentation guidelines.
emmapeel summarized the issue very well on the thread:
**Applications > Tails > Configure persistent storage**
<span class="guimenu">Applications</span> > <span class="guisubmenu">Tails</span> > <span class="guimenuitem">Configure persistent storage</span> </span>
- Markdown seems to be much more understandable.
- Translators are less likely to make errors with the first version. But if they do make errors, Weblate will be able to spot the HTML errors better than the markdown ones.
- Target version changed from Tails_3.12 to Tails_3.13
We'll discuss at FOSDEM with Weblate whether they could implement validation of Markdown as this would solve the concerns raised by emmapeel and ignifugo about translators messing up with Markdown. Other projects looking into Weblate to translate markdown are also really interested in this.
#16 Updated by sajolida about 2 months ago
- Target version changed from Tails_3.16 to Tails_3.17
If I understand correctly:
- We are using Weblate 2.20, cf. the "Documentation" link on https://translate.tails.boum.org/ (except that right now I get a 403).
- The Markdown checks were added in Weblate 3.5: https://github.com/WeblateOrg/weblate/blob/master/docs/changes.rst.
So I'll bump this ticket into to the future.