Website's "add trailing slash" trick is partly broken
https://tails.boum.org/news/version_3.11 does not redirect to https://tails.boum.org/news/version_3.11/ so included images (whose path is
./$image.png) are broken. Thankfully, only URLs cooked somewhat manually or clicked from recentchanges and maybe a few other places are affected: I thik URLs we display to the vast majority of users work fine.
It might be that the way this trick was implemented can't work when a directory of the same name as the page exists, which is necessary the case when we add attachments to said page.
#7 Updated by intrigeri about 1 year ago
- Status changed from Resolved to In Progress
- Assignee changed from groente to intrigeri
- Priority changed from Elevated to High
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
I had to revert the fix which broke other stuff (at least refreshing the website after pushing to Git, see #16227). I'll try to find a better fix ASAP.
#10 Updated by intrigeri about 1 year ago
- Subject changed from Website's "add trailing slash" trick is broken to Website's "add trailing slash" trick is partly broken
- Priority changed from High to Elevated
With the workaround in place for the biggest problem caused by this bug, I'll focus on higher priority things for now and will come back to it later.
- Assignee changed from intrigeri to groente
- % Done changed from 10 to 50
- QA Check set to Ready for QA
Deployed a fix for this + a few other issues (e.g. custom headers not set in some cases), reverted the temporary workarounds, and clarified/documented/refactored the config so hopefully we don't break this sort of things too easily in the future: 4140a5d88682c049a8f7d4e4757f21de3fb25c7c in the manifests repo.
If this breaks more (or more important) stuff than it fixes while I'm AFK, feel free to revert the whole thing and let me fix it once I'm back. I'm starting to consider writing a test suite for this stuff: since 3 months, too often we broke something else when we fixed a problem; my current manual testing methodology takes a few minutes by iteration, which is too much, and I'm sure I'm not testing everything I should.