weblate cannot update the database schemas
There is an issue with the weblate instance upgrade (i don't really know exactly what is the problem because I am unable to see the mysql logs), but it seems weblate cannot update the database schemes.
Steps to reproduce:
- cd /usr/local/share/weblate/
- 'sudo -u weblate python3 ./manage.py makemigrations' to make the file
- 'sudo -u weblate python3 ./manage.py migrate' to apply the changes. Changes look like are applied.
- 'sudo -u weblate python3 ./manage.py migrate' again, to check for new migrations. It says new migrations needed!
- 'sudo -u weblate python3 ./manage.py makemigrations' generates a new file with the same mysql query!!!.
what should happen:
- the second time we run 'sudo -u weblate python3 ./manage.py migrate' it should tell us that there are no migrations needed.
The query is adding some more options to the check table because of new checks available on upgrade.
#3 Updated by groente about 2 months ago
- Assignee changed from groente to emmapeel
well, i don't see any failures, even when running migrate with -v3 --traceback.
what i do see is that the migate command adds an entry to the django_migrations table.
running the thing in strace, i don't even see it trying to make any changes to the database structure. All that is sent to the mysql server is the INSERT into the django_migrations table and a whole lot of SELECT's, but no ALTER or UPDATE or anything else I'd expect from an attempt to make the needed adjustments you mentioned.
i'm afraid i can't help you any further on this one, i'm inclined to think there's something wrong with the internal logic of manage.py.