Feature #16096: Donation campaign 2019
Make the wire transfer and crypto currency alternatives visible above the fold
Several people how have reported errors with PayPal this year found it useful to be pointed to the wire transfer alternative. Some of them reported donating successfully to Tails in the future. Maybe the big increase in the number of donations through wire transfer could also reflect a change in policy on PayPal's side (that could need confirmation with more stats).
On my 900px height screen I have to scroll quite a bit to see the wire transfer alternative. It might be worth trying to raise it up to the fold on a 800x screen. For example, we could:
- Shrink a bit the height of the PayPal amount buttons.
- Use the space right blow the PayPal buttons for wire transfer.
- Shrink a bit the text on the left.
- Combine several of these strategies.
About the importance of the fold: https://www.nngroup.com/articles/page-fold-manifesto/.
- QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Dev Needed
It's a very good idea and it works well, also on a mobile phone screen.
But but. On my conputer, this modification has no influence whatsoever: the information is still below the fold and I still have to scroll to get there.
I would suggest, on top of your branch (that is "Pass"):
- diminish the size of the Paypal buttons in height at least.
- remove the line break between: "Your donation goes entirely to Tails and will be handled by RiseupLabs which is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in the USA." and "Donations are tax-deductible to the full extent permitted by law."
- shorten the donation text in the left column substantially. Maybe use a "Read more" toggle.