Translate is currently administered as a production server, but from an application admin point of view is still under development and requires testing on the machine itself. It would therefore be useful to grant weblate admins the ability to temporarily disable puppet to run tests without puppet overwriting their changes.
Note that this requires a strict policy from the weblate admins to both:
- notify firstname.lastname@example.org when they disable puppet (also because we can then acknowledge the monitor alerts that will pop up)
- enable puppet again once they are done with their experiments (and again, notify email@example.com)
#3 Updated by u about 1 year ago
- Subject changed from Grant weblate admins ability to disable puppet to Grant hefee ability to disable puppet
- Assignee changed from u to groente
- Parent task set to #10034
- QA Check deleted (
Please see email I will send later today about the future work on the platform, and grant access to hefee.
I think it's useful to grant this access only to him for now, in order to not interfere with his work.
If anybody needs to test something on their side, please talk to hefee about it. Thanks for your understanding.
In any case, this measure should remain temporary until we consider the translation platform to be "production" which we currently do not.
#5 Updated by bertagaz about 1 year ago
- Assignee changed from bertagaz to groente
Can you check if everything is okay with these sudo rights? Thank you!
Yes, looks good! Beware though your banch seems to be based on the #16064 one and contains its patches, and I've not reviewed it yet. But feel free to merge and deploy this ticket's branch without #16064 changes. When hefee will confirm it works, all will be ready for this ticket to be closed.