Project

General

Profile

Bug #15952

Feature #14468: Add VeraCrypt support to Tails

VeraCrypt keyfile widget in GNOME Disks is unreachable with the keyboard

Added by intrigeri over 1 year ago. Updated 21 days ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
Accessibility
Target version:
Start date:
09/13/2018
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Feature Branch:
Type of work:
Code
Blueprint:
Starter:
Affected tool:

Description

Noticed while writing the automated tests. Apparently it's not on the list of widgets one can select with "TAB". Also, it has no description (in accerciser speak, probably translates to tooltip in GTK). Both combined make it very hard to interact with programmatically, and probably impossible with at least some kinds of universal access technologies.

MR: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-disk-utility/merge_requests/24

History

#1 Updated by intrigeri over 1 year ago

For avoidance of doubt, I'm talking about the combo box that ones need to click in order to select a keyfile.

#2 Updated by segfault about 1 year ago

I couldn't figure out why the widget can't be focussed. I filed a ticket upstream: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-disk-utility/issues/102

#3 Updated by segfault about 1 year ago

  • Target version changed from Tails_3.10.1 to Tails_3.11

#4 Updated by intrigeri about 1 year ago

I would consider the upstream bug you've filed (can you reproduce on current sid BTW?) + adding the missing tooltip sufficient to close this ticket. Any chance this happens within a week, before we write the final report for this project?

#5 Updated by intrigeri about 1 year ago

  • Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
  • % Done changed from 0 to 20

#6 Updated by segfault about 1 year ago

intrigeri wrote:

I would consider the upstream bug you've filed (can you reproduce on current sid BTW?) + adding the missing tooltip sufficient to close this ticket. Any chance this happens within a week, before we write the final report for this project?

I created a merge request upstream: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-disk-utility/merge_requests/10

I would like to wait for upstream's opinion before backporting the patch.

#7 Updated by CyrilBrulebois 12 months ago

  • Target version changed from Tails_3.11 to Tails_3.12

#8 Updated by anonym 11 months ago

  • Target version changed from Tails_3.12 to Tails_3.13

#9 Updated by CyrilBrulebois 9 months ago

  • Target version changed from Tails_3.13 to Tails_3.14

#10 Updated by intrigeri 9 months ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 20 to 100

segfault wrote:

I would like to wait for upstream's opinion before backporting the patch.

Your MR was merged and in the meantime, I wrote the tests in some other way, so don't bother backporting for Tails. If the tests are fragile due to this problem, I'll reopen and will ask you to backport :)

#11 Updated by intrigeri 7 months ago

  • Target version changed from Tails_3.14 to Tails_3.13.2

#12 Updated by anonym 7 months ago

  • Target version changed from Tails_3.13.2 to Tails_3.14

#13 Updated by intrigeri 7 months ago

  • Target version changed from Tails_3.14 to Tails_3.13.2

#14 Updated by intrigeri 4 months ago

@segfault, while working on #15946, I noticed that there's no a11y relationship defined between the "Keyfiles" label and the combo box. While for example, the "PIM" label is marked as labeling the corresponding text field, which is super useful for me to write these tests, but also presumably for folks using a screen reader.

If you'd like, I can file a ticket about this.

#15 Updated by segfault 4 months ago

  • Description updated (diff)
  • Status changed from Resolved to In Progress
  • Target version changed from Tails_3.13.2 to Tails_3.16

intrigeri wrote:

@segfault, while working on #15946, I noticed that there's no a11y relationship defined between the "Keyfiles" label and the combo box. While for example, the "PIM" label is marked as labeling the corresponding text field, which is super useful for me to write these tests, but also presumably for folks using a screen reader.

I created a MR upstream.

#16 Updated by CyrilBrulebois 3 months ago

  • Target version changed from Tails_3.16 to Tails_3.17

#17 Updated by intrigeri 3 months ago

  • Target version changed from Tails_3.17 to Tails_4.0

#18 Updated by intrigeri about 2 months ago

  • Target version changed from Tails_4.0 to Tails_4.1

#19 Updated by segfault 21 days ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
  • Assignee deleted (segfault)

Our upstream MR has been merged.

Also available in: Atom PDF