Project

General

Profile

Feature #15888

Feature #14544: Spend software developer time on smallish UX improvements

Analyze the development cost of tickets related to #14544

Added by sajolida 9 months ago. Updated 4 months ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
-
Target version:
Start date:
08/31/2018
Due date:
% Done:

100%

QA Check:
Feature Branch:
Type of work:
Research
Blueprint:
Starter:
Affected tool:

Related issues

Blocks Tails - Feature #15507: Core work 2019Q1: Foundations Team Resolved 04/08/2018

History

#1 Updated by intrigeri 6 months ago

  • Target version changed from Tails_3.12 to Tails_3.13

#2 Updated by intrigeri 6 months ago

#3 Updated by intrigeri 6 months ago

  • Assignee changed from intrigeri to sajolida
  • QA Check set to Info Needed

There are already 46 tickets there, we keep adding more (I count 18 since the summit), and sajolida also needs to go through this list as well for #15887, so I wonder if there's a more efficient way to proceed than each of us separately going through all these tickets: if we really need to do that, I'll only be able to give extremely rough estimates even if I spend "only" ~10 hours on it. I know that we need all this data to compute cost/benefit numbers but still.

So, for this first batch, maybe we can do a first quick triaging pass together, spending 3 min max on each ticket, in order to identify those that quite obviously have a particularly bad or good cost/benefit. That will already take a few hour if we have 60 tickets to go through. Then we can focus, each on our side, on those that seem to have a particularly good cost/benefit, and perhaps we'll get enough data to bootstrap this process. And if that's not enough, well, we'll have to dive into the rest of the tickets. What do you think? I would schedule this in 2019Q1.

Also, at the summit we decided to do that before the end of the year in order to have some data for our budget forecasting, which we then postponed by 3 months => postponing this as well.

#4 Updated by sajolida 6 months ago

  • Assignee changed from sajolida to intrigeri

We didn't specified how detailed we wanted these value/cost analysis to be but I clearly don't think it's worth spending tens of hours on them, but rather a couple of minutes on each ticket as a first pass.

If you think that doing this together would make things easier, then let's do this!

#5 Updated by intrigeri 6 months ago

We didn't specified how detailed we wanted these value/cost analysis to be but I clearly don't think it's worth spending tens of hours on them, but rather a couple of minutes on each ticket as a first pass.

We're on the same page. That'll already take a few hours.

If you think that doing this together would make things easier, then let's do this!

Nice, I'll send you scheduling proposals privately.

#6 Updated by intrigeri 6 months ago

  • QA Check deleted (Info Needed)

#7 Updated by intrigeri 4 months ago

  • Target version changed from Tails_3.13 to Tails_3.12

First round happens today.

#8 Updated by intrigeri 4 months ago

  • Status changed from Confirmed to Resolved
  • Assignee deleted (intrigeri)
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100

Also available in: Atom PDF