Use a username that makes more sense to our users
Right now we use "amnesia" which dates back from ... uhhh... and probably doesn't make much sense for our users. See for example #15571. It's also made visible in the screen locker.
Maybe "user", as suggested in #5655 would make sense. Maybe "Tails". Maybe something else.
I want to be careful when following up on #5655 that the privacy benefit that we get from #5655 is not undermined by a worse usability for our users. Especially seeing that the user bases of the other distributions that could follow on #5655 are orders of magnitude smaller than the Tails user base.
- Related to Feature #5655: Share username and hostname amongst all anonymity distributions added
- Related to Feature #9554: Explain how to set an administration password instead of asking for one when none is set added
- Related to Feature #14544: Spend software developer time on smallish UX improvements added
- Assignee set to sajolida
- Target version set to Tails_3.13
Next step is to clarify the scope: in which places users are confronted with this name and might be problematic.
- Subject changed from User a username that makes more sense to our users to Use a username that makes more sense to our users
- Target version changed from Tails_3.13 to Tails_3.14
Also available in: Atom