Upgrade tor to 0.3.4 RC in Tails 3.9
It should be released on August 15 so it's probably not going to be packaged in time for 3.9~rc1. But for 3.9 final we should switch from the nightly build to the final release.
Upgrade to tor 0.3.4.7-rc (refs: #15772).
There's now a RC of 0.3.4 packaged for Stretch, let's use it instead of
an older Git snapshot.
0.3.4 stable has been postoned, mostly due to https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/27080. https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/NetworkTeam/CoreTorReleases#Listofreleases has no updated release date.
If it gets packaged for Stretch, 0.3.4.7-rc could be an option.
- Subject changed from Upgrade tor to 0.3.4 stable to Upgrade tor to 0.3.4 RC or stable in Tails 3.9
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
- Feature Branch set to feature/15772-tor-0.3.4.7-rc+force-all-tests
- Type of work changed from Wait to Code