Project

General

Profile

Feature #15500

Update Puppet modules: 2018Q4 → 2019Q2 edition

Added by intrigeri over 1 year ago. Updated about 1 month ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Elevated
Assignee:
Category:
Infrastructure
Target version:
Start date:
04/09/2018
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Spent time:
(Total: 0.50 h)
Feature Branch:
Type of work:
Sysadmin
Blueprint:
Starter:
Affected tool:

Subtasks

Feature #15510: Switch to the puppetlabs/apt moduleResolvedgroente

Feature #15511: Switch to another Puppet module to manage PostfixResolvedgroente

Feature #15513: Switch to the puppetlabs/mysql moduleResolvedgroente

Bug #16172: Upgrade the puppet-concat moduleResolved


Related issues

Related to Tails - Feature #15499: Update Puppet modules: 2018Q2 → 2018Q3 edition Resolved 04/09/2018
Blocks Tails - Feature #13284: Core work: Sysadmin (Adapt our infrastructure) Confirmed 06/30/2017

History

#1 Updated by intrigeri over 1 year ago

  • Related to Feature #15499: Update Puppet modules: 2018Q2 → 2018Q3 edition added

#2 Updated by intrigeri over 1 year ago

  • Blocks Feature #13284: Core work: Sysadmin (Adapt our infrastructure) added

#3 Updated by intrigeri 10 months ago

Already up-to-date: vim, user, templatewlv, sudo, smartmontools, reprepro, puppet, mysql, loginrecords, mollyguard, libvirt, gitolite, etckeeper, cron, bitcoind, bash

Upgraded: vcsrepo, tor, timezone, sysctl, stdlib, sshkeys, sshd, shorewall, postfix, nfs, nginx, munin, mumble, letsencrypt, intrigeri, inifile, augeas, archive, apt

Removed (unused): lsb

To upgrade: icingaweb2

Ignored with good reasons: jenkins (see #15155#note-3), icinga2 (see #15153#note-8)

#4 Updated by intrigeri 10 months ago

  • Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
  • Assignee changed from intrigeri to groente
  • QA Check set to Ready for QA

Only module left to upgrade: icingaweb2. It'll require some work (no idea how much) since the API we're using has changed a bit => filed #16173. So the only work left here is now tracked by subtasks.

groente, please review the changes I've pushed in the last few hours. Most of them are "upgrade module X" but in some cases I had to adjust our own code, and while I was at it I did a little bit of linting.

#5 Updated by intrigeri 9 months ago

One more thing I'll want to do: try to merge immerda's changes on the user module (they tend to run a newer Puppet than us so this would avoid us duplicating their work, see e.g. #16213#note-4).

#6 Updated by groente 9 months ago

  • Assignee changed from groente to intrigeri
  • QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Dev Needed

puppet-nfs still seems broken, when trying to clone i get:

error: object c5dad6edfac36f2c86aa0ae4cd51d3525e2397a0: zeroPaddedFilemode: contains zero-padded file modes

#7 Updated by intrigeri 9 months ago

  • Target version changed from Tails_3.12 to Tails_3.13

Next step: book some time for the next iteration.

#8 Updated by intrigeri 9 months ago

  • Assignee changed from intrigeri to groente
  • QA Check changed from Dev Needed to Ready for QA

puppet-nfs still seems broken, when trying to clone i get:
error: object c5dad6edfac36f2c86aa0ae4cd51d3525e2397a0: zeroPaddedFilemode: contains zero-padded file modes

Reproduced with our own repo and with the upstream one (git clone https://github.com/camptocamp/puppet-nfs.git).
As a workaround, one can pass the --config transfer.fsckObjects=false option for the initial clone.
AFAIK the only way to fix that is to rewrite the Git history, which I doubt upstream will be happy to do, given transfer.fsckObjects is false by default so most people are not affected by this problem.

#9 Updated by groente 9 months ago

  • Assignee changed from groente to intrigeri
  • QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Dev Needed

that indeed did the trick, i'm fine with leaving it like that.

#10 Updated by intrigeri 7 months ago

  • QA Check deleted (Dev Needed)

#11 Updated by intrigeri 6 months ago

  • Subject changed from Update Puppet modules: 2018Q4 → 2019Q1 edition to Update Puppet modules: 2018Q4 → 2019Q2 edition
  • Target version changed from Tails_3.13 to Tails_3.14

Best case I'll handle the apt module during the 3.13 dev cycle but everything else will have to wait.

#12 Updated by intrigeri 5 months ago

  • Target version changed from Tails_3.14 to Tails_3.15

#13 Updated by intrigeri 5 months ago

  • Priority changed from Normal to Elevated

#14 Updated by intrigeri 3 months ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Needs Validation
  • Assignee changed from intrigeri to groente

I've done much more than planned here (replacing a bunch of deprecated modules with totally different, maintained ones) and am vastly overclocked so I've moved the remaining subtasks to #16827. Let's close this as resolved at the same time as #15510.

#15 Updated by CyrilBrulebois 2 months ago

  • Target version changed from Tails_3.15 to Tails_3.16

#16 Updated by groente about 1 month ago

  • Status changed from Needs Validation to Resolved

intrigeri wrote:

I've done much more than planned here (replacing a bunch of deprecated modules with totally different, maintained ones) and am vastly overclocked so I've moved the remaining subtasks to #16827. Let's close this as resolved at the same time as #15510.

Closed \o/

Also available in: Atom PDF