Project

General

Profile

Bug #15479

Feature #10034: Translation web platform

Feature #11759: Install & configure a fresh weblate on the VM

Clean up / document VCS used in weblate installation

Added by u over 1 year ago. Updated 5 months ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
-
Target version:
Start date:
03/30/2018
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Feature Branch:
Type of work:
Sysadmin
Blueprint:
Starter:
Affected tool:

Description

While looking for the VCS used on the translation server, I see under
/var/lib/weblate/repositories/vcs
3 different folders.
Can you please either clean this up or document what each folder does?
Thanks!

History

#1 Updated by bertagaz over 1 year ago

  • Target version changed from Tails_3.7 to Tails_3.8

#2 Updated by u over 1 year ago

ping?

#3 Updated by emmapeel over 1 year ago

  • Status changed from Confirmed to Resolved

Those were tests for #10035. I cleaned them up.

#4 Updated by u over 1 year ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Confirmed

emmapeel wrote:

Those were tests for #10035. I cleaned them up.

I still see

ls -l /var/lib/weblate/repositories/vcs/tails/
drwxrwsr-x 15 weblate weblate 4096 May 29 13:48 index
drwxr-sr-x 10 weblate weblate 4096 Jan 31 09:53 persistence-setup
drwxr-xr-x  2 weblate weblate 4096 Feb 14  2017 tmpbMeAxd
drwxr-xr-x  2 weblate weblate 4096 Feb 14  2017 tmpgz1qC1

"index" is legitimate, what about the others?

and

ls -l /var/lib/weblate/repositories/vcs/
drwxr-sr-x 14 weblate weblate 4096 May 29 10:33 staging
drwxrwsr-x  6 weblate weblate 4096 Jun 12 13:16 tails
drwxr-sr-x  3 weblate weblate 4096 Mar 22 14:07 test-debian-pt_br

where "staging" and "tails" are legitimate, what about the other one?

#5 Updated by u over 1 year ago

  • QA Check set to Info Needed

I can handle it if you tell me what these folders are?

#6 Updated by emmapeel over 1 year ago

  • Assignee changed from emmapeel to u
  • QA Check changed from Info Needed to Ready for QA

Just checked them now. I don't really know why some of the projects I tested from the web interface were deleted in the vcs directory, and some not (maybe they were busy when I try to delete them?

I deleted now:

test-debian-pt_br/ - this was a test project to research on #10035. I deleted it.

Not sure what were tmpgz1qC1 and tmpbMeAxd but they are old and have no repo so I deleted them too.

About persistence-setup: this is a Tails repo that is currently handled through Transifex.

I added the .po files of it to test, inside Tails weblate project. I think it would be good to eventualle have this files of Tails non-website translations, for example to check on sinchronicity of the glossary, etc. But I am not sure how it will go with your plans and scripts so I deleted it too.

It was generated by creating a new component in Tails project, with the repository https://git-tails.immerda.ch/persistence-setup instead of https://git-tails.immerda.ch/tails
I also deleted it but maybe we should think about recovering this, as this are the translations made in Transifex and have many more languages than we have, and also we could

#7 Updated by intrigeri over 1 year ago

  • Target version changed from Tails_3.8 to Tails_3.9

#8 Updated by u about 1 year ago

  • Status changed from Confirmed to Resolved

emmapeel wrote:

I deleted now:

test-debian-pt_br/ - this was a test project to research on #10035. I deleted it.

Thanks.

Not sure what were tmpgz1qC1 and tmpbMeAxd but they are old and have no repo so I deleted them too.

Good.

About persistence-setup: this is a Tails repo that is currently handled through Transifex.
I added the .po files of it to test, inside Tails weblate project. I think it would be good to eventualle have this files of Tails non-website translations, for example to check on sinchronicity of the glossary, etc. But I am not sure how it will go with your plans and scripts so I deleted it too.

Let's think about extending the platform to these files once we're in production.

It was generated by creating a new component in Tails project, with the repository https://git-tails.immerda.ch/persistence-setup instead of https://git-tails.immerda.ch/tails
I also deleted it but maybe we should think about recovering this, as this are the translations made in Transifex and have many more languages than we have, and also we could

Yes.. but let's think about this once we're in production.

Also, right now I think that we should not manually create anything else in there, unless it is also added via Puppet. Because we will not be able to manually recover this.

#9 Updated by intrigeri about 1 year ago

  • QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Pass

(Triaging RfQA tickets on my RM view.)

#10 Updated by u 9 months ago

  • Parent task changed from #10034 to #11759

#11 Updated by intrigeri 5 months ago

  • Assignee deleted (u)

Also available in: Atom PDF